Helping individuals conquer hard times to better their lives guides Allison’s counseling philosophy. She is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker with a master’s degree in social work from Rhode Island College. Her professional experience ranges from providing services in community, home and school settings to counseling in hospitals and private practice. She has worked with DCYF, probation, drug court, family court and school systems. Allison is experienced in counseling adults of all ages, but her primary focus is working with young children and adolescents.
Allison is passionate about her work and offers a safe and trusting environment where people can express themselves freely. Her treatment centers on a strength-based approach that empowers individuals to reach their goals and full potential. Together, Allison and her clients identify barriers and develop solutions using proven strategies including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), solution-focused therapy and play therapy.
Allison specializes in the treatment of:
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Generalized behavioral issues
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Assisting in the coming-out process and concerns around sexuality
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Rhode Island Children’s Mental Health Coalition
- Rhode Island LGBTQQ Youth/child welfare committee